From next Saturday, people across the UK will be taking action vs workfare and sanctions as part of Boycott Workfare’s week of action.
With an election looming it’s a vital opportunity to expose and challenge workfare and sanctions policies and the political lies that underpin them.
Already your efforts have resulted in massive success: Dozens of organisations have withdrawn from the schemes following public pressure. Let’s take it even further on 25th April – 2nd May. Read more here.
Start getting ready for the week of action now:
- Reply to this email to order know your rights leaflets to give out at your local jobcentre or workfare provider
- Plan an action at a workfare exploiter near you!
- Order Keep Volunteering Voluntary leaflets to ask charities in your area to pledge to avoid workfare!
- Join the Facebook event and invite others to take part too!
- Remember to let us know what you plan so we can help to publicise it!
The week of action is a chance for everyone who opposes workfare and sanctions to demand an end to these cruel policies. Already this year, at least four organisations have withdrawn from workfare following public pressure. However you take part, it will count.
During the week itself, check the Boycott Workfare website to take part in daily online actions too!
Then join us for the Welfare Action Gathering on 30th May!
It’s a fact, regardless of who wins the election – we will have to resist! New policies such as the roll out of Universal Credit will see people in employment and on housing benefit sanctioned too. So, we would love to see you come and take part in ourWelfare Action Gathering on 30th May at the London Welsh Centre. It will be a great chance to discuss how we can all continue to resist, and maybe even come up with creative new ways of doing so!
Please let us know if you can take part in the week of action and gathering and help spread the word far and wide!