It is traditional at this time of year to look back and take stock of the previous year. Unite for Our society want to say a huge thank you for your support in 2014
Here are some spectacular victories that show we are stronger together and we can win
· Solid strike action at St Mungo’s Broadway has led to total defeat of management plans to slash pay and conditions.
· Youth workers in Devon led a vigorous campaign that has successfully protected local youth services, saving many jobs in the process.
· An end to pay stagnation with many organisations negotiating real term pay rises this year.
· Unite in BIG has won the Living Wage for all workers and a flat rate payment of £281 despite the government imposed pay cap.
· Planned strike action forced the Workers’ Educational Association to withdraw cuts to pay and conditions.
· Solid workers activity in social care provider Look Ahead has led to a management climb-down and Unite recognition in the three London projects where we were in dispute.
· A powerful members campaign in Your Housing has stopped plans to de-recognise Unite.
· Over 500 not for profit organisations and twenty-four councils have so far signed up to not participate in the Government unfair workfare schemes
We led campaigns against Unpaid Internships, Zero Hour Contracts and campaigned for Fair Pay. We also launched our Sector Standards for Social Care and Housing.
You can sign up to our campaign today.
From all the team here at Unite for Our Society, have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Maureen, Mel, James, Sally, Colenzo and Kerry